In our digital age, nothing is secure. We read about security dangers and hacking efforts every other day. Black-hat hackers are becoming more prevalent as our daily lives move online. Hackers now use a variety of methods to access your banking accounts.
Your banking accounts could be hacked in a variety of ways. In order to protect your banking accounts, you must adhere to specific security precautions if you utilize internet banking services.
We’ll discuss a few well-liked techniques used by hackers to access your bank accounts in this article. Knowing the methods will put you in a better position to comprehend how your accounts might be compromised. So let’s look at the techniques hackers employ to access your bank account.
- Phishing: Phishing is a method for trying to obtain private information, like bank account numbers, through a fraudulent email or website solicitation in which the offender poses as an established company or reputable individual.
2. Keylogger: A keylogger is a piece of software that records the signals sent from a keyboard to a computer in order to gather information about the user secretly.
3. Man In The Middle (MITM) Attack: In a man-in-the-middle attack (MITM), the attacker places himself in the path of data being sent between the user and the system so that he can intercept and change it.
4. Trojan: A malicious piece of code or software that mimics legitimate software but has the ability to take over your computer is known as a Trojan horse. A Trojan is intended to harm your data or network by stealing from it, causing disruption, or performing other harmful actions.
5. Sim Swapping: In a SIM swap attack, also referred to as a SIM intercept attack, a cell phone provider is persuaded to change a victim’s phone number to a new device so that the attacker can access the victim’s bank accounts, credit card numbers, and other sensitive information.